Subject: Re: [Leica] When will you cock shutter?
From: Krechtz@aol.com
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2000 20:40:12 EST

In a message dated 10/29/00 2:03:50 PM Eastern Standard Time,
jbcollier@home.com writes:

<< If you leave a M6TTL with pressure on the shutter release and it is not
 turned off, it will drain the battery regardless if the shutter is tensioned
 or not. Leica clearly states this in the manual and I confirmed it with an
 ammeter. >>

...and I confirmed it by draining two batteries.  The best practice, which I
then found recommended in the manual, is to turn the shutter dial to the
"Off" position when putting the camera away for more than a few hours.  No
problem since.  In fact, the discharge rate from use seems more modest than
one would assume, judging by a number of LUG comments I have seen suggesting
markedly increased power consumption compared to the non-TTL.

Joe Sobel