Subject: Re: [Leica] Lotus by Leica
From: Guy Bennett <guybnt@idt.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2000 10:15:48 -0800

>>> So, before I buy a D30..... can somebody ask Leica at the NY Expo when they
>>> are going to produce a Digital M or R camera????
>>
>> Duane, this is exactly what I'd like to know also ...
>>
>> If you get the answer, please let me know !
>
>Isn't that a little like saying, "Before I buy a new hybrid gas-electric
>Toyota Prius...can somebody please ask Lotus when they're going to produce
>one?"?
>
>Wouldn't you go to the people who develop the technology, are experts in it,
>and have the capital to develop it properly? Why would you want to buy a
>variant from soembody who doesn't have any of those advantages?
>
>--Oft-mystified Mike

mike,

for an enlightening discussion of this point, go to the archives and search
under the following topics:

- - m7
- - ae m
- - electronic m6
- - etc.

just after the hexar was born, many luggers hooted and hollered for an
electronic m, with autoexposure, faster flash sync, higher shutter speed,
etc., etc.

don't know how many of them (few, i'll bet) actually bought a hexar, but
the clammoring has died down of late.

guy

Replies: Reply from Guy Bennett <guybnt@idt.net> (Re: [Leica] Lotus by Leica)
Reply from Paul Chefurka <chefurka@home.com> (Re: [Leica] Lotus by Leica)