Subject: RE: [Leica] Nikon Plans -OT
From: "Peter Shier" <pshier@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2000 05:01:05 -0500

Interesting to hear all of this praise for the F3. After seriously
rethinking my current gear (something I do at least once a week-:) I decided
to sell my F3HP, N80, and Nikon primes as a package on eBay (got 13 bids on
the first day BTW).

After using the M6 for a while I came to the conclusion that a modern
computerized SLR is for situations where you really need fast autofocus,
fast motordrive, extremely accurate metering in almost any light, aperture
priority, and high quality zooms. So, my Nikon arsenal has been reduced to
an F5 and two of Nikon's best zooms (IMHO) the 28-70/2.8 AF-S and the
80-200/2.8 AF-D. When I am shooting anything with fast moving action such as
sports I love this setup. For any other 35mm situations my M6 is all I need.

Peter