Subject: [Leica] 28 Elmarit R versions
From: Javier Perez <summarex@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 17:57:52 -0400

Hi Guys

Wus Wunderin  >>

How many Optical revisions has the 28 Elmarit R gone through?
I know it's at least 2. Also are the later ones a lot better?
Enough to warant the xtra expenditure?
I've seen 2cam 28s for about 350 or less in exc shape
and glueing on a makeshift 3rd steeped cam is a nobrainer.
I love the mechanical build quality of all the older R lenses
and the price seems low enough, but I don't to get punished optically.
Will I find myself wishing I had spent more on the newer(est) one?
Suggestions ??????
Thanks
Javier