Subject: RE: [Leica] PHSNE show in Waltham
From: "M.E.Berube" <MEB@goodphotos.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 16:55:57 -0400

At 08:36 PM 10/26/00 -0400, Austin Franklin wrote:
>Don't you find that show to be pretty lame these days?  The vendors are
>'difficult' (ie charge too much money), and the quality of merchandise is,
>well, low...  At least that's been my impression over the last few years.
>  I have really come away disappointed...

I don't know.
I have nothing to compare it to. Though I've shot for 15 years
'professionally' and have been into photography for nearly 20 years, the
PHSNE show last spring is the first that I've ever been to. I got my M5
there, when I has only gone to look around. I was totally impressed because
the show had far an above more merchandise (yeah a lot of crap too) than
any other hand on marketplace of photography I've ever been to. Some of the
vendors were not as willing to float on price at all, but as I said, I've
nothing else ot compare it to. I don't think I got raped for my M5. I paid
about $100 more than Sherry said I should for it, but I've not seen one in
the same or better condition since for the same money.

Michael