Subject: Re: [Leica] Payment for photos
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 21:46:58 -0400

At 08:44 PM 10/26/2000 -0400, Martin Howard wrote:

>So how does this explain that my local newsagent has shelves and shelves
>stacked with magazine upon magazine, filled with nothing but absolute crap?
>With all that competition, shouldn't the quality be very high?

Not at all.  A competitive market fills the market need.  When the
consumers wish a lot of trash, that is what the market supplies.  When the
consumers demand quality, then they get quality.

In today's market, trash works.  Have you watched the tellie in the last
twenty-five years?

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!