Subject: Re: [Leica] Payment for photos
From: Martin Howard <howard.390@osu.edu>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 20:44:12 -0400

Steve LeHuray jotted down the following:

> So why bother? Well if you have a burning desire to be a professional
> photographer or writer this is what you have to do, start at the bottom,
> work for practically nothing, be very, very good (because there is tons of
> competition), learn the self-marketing skills that puts you in the position
> to demand a fair price.

So how does this explain that my local newsagent has shelves and shelves
stacked with magazine upon magazine, filled with nothing but absolute crap?
With all that competition, shouldn't the quality be very high?

M.

- --
Martin Howard                | "Once you understand the process of co-
Visiting Scholar, CSEL, OSU  | ordination, it's much easier to avoid.
email: howard.390@osu.edu    | Knowledge is power."  -- K. Christoffersen.