Subject: Re: [Leica] Payment for photos
From: "Wilber Jeffcoat" <wilber@jeffcoatphotography.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 09:06:31 -0400

Look at the fact that there are so many photogs  out there and that a lot of
them are doing this just for the fun of it, or they are just starting out.
They want the warm fuzzies that come from seeing their work in print. They
feel that it won't hurt to give it away. They've not established self worth
as a photographer let alone any business sense that they need. They don't
realize that they are really devaluing their work when they give it away.
Some do this cause it makes them look like the good guy, some do it cause no
one will buy the work at this point in their career. Then face the fact that
some of this is really good work and why shouldn't the publisher take a
freebee when they can. Makes their bottom line look better. Makes me just as
mad as the rest of you but what to do about it. As long as there are cameras
and fingers to push button the problem will always be there.
Cheers Wilber