Subject: RE: [Leica] Flat vs curved field, was Focusing the M6
From: "Ken Lai" <ken@compose.com.hk>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 13:40:05 +0800

Ted,

Technically the problem does exist, whether it matters, however, depends on
the photographer. In some cases, if the photographer ponders for half a
second to re-calculate the focus distance before hitting the shutter, the
picture will be gone and so it makes no sense to think about this problem.

Also the focus discrepancy is covered by the DOF in most cases as long as
the subject is not near the far edge of the frame. In the case of the Noct,
if your subject is about one third the frame width from the edge, the
subject will be covered by the DOF even at f1.0 and 0.7m and there will be
no focus problem.

Ken Lai

Replies: Reply from "Henning J. Wulff" <henningw@archiphoto.com> (RE: [Leica] Flat vs curved field, was Focusing the M6)