Subject: [Leica] Re: MTF
From: Douglas Cooper <visigoth@cloud9.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 16:01:40 -0400

Okay, now that I've finished declaring that I have no particular interest in sharpness, I'm going to
about-face and ask:  how rigorous are the MTF tests on photodo.com?  I know that they only test lenses
at infinity, and weight things in a particular manner -- putting more emphasis, for instance, on
performance in the center of the image, and at 10 lines per millimeter -- but I'm wondering if this is
a reputable weigh of reducing lens performance to a single number.  (I suspect  that it's probably a
bad way to test a macro.)

cheers,

DC