Subject: Re: [Leica] What is in a name (Shakespeare)
From: Walter S Delesandri <walt@jove.acs.unt.edu>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 08:41:43 -0500 (Central Daylight Time)

Oh, hell, Erwin, LET US >>>>BELIEVE<<<<< IN THE SANCTITY OF ALL THAT IS
OLD/LEICA/UNOBTAINABLE/EXPENSIVE/ETC>>>>>

WE NEED AN "OPIATE" FOR OUR MASSES (the LUG)...without DOGMA
we'd probably be throwing rocks at one another or blowing up
a lot of shit...
We NEED to believe that a bunch of drunk, hack-assed old photojournalists
that probably couldn't get a job today (at least not with a Leica and a 50-
this I KNOW for sure) KNEW THE TRUTH AND THE WAY, and we MUST follow
them.......
I personally don't know anything about the 50 1.5 Zeiss, or the Nokton (old),
but I am VERY familiar with the flarey-assed Canon 50 1.4, and the
Summarit (damn, in the seventies you could get all you wanted for $75, and
THERE's your "ultimate Bokeh"......)...of course, all these crap lenses
are more expensive now cuz they're 25 years older, and they have much
more haze and cleaning marks (anal collectors clean a LOT)...therefore,
they should be MUCH better for REAL photography....hence their inflated
values...

BTW, if you take ANY of this seriously, or take some bizarre kind of offense
to it,  then you're even
farther gone than I
thought....

CU later,