Subject: [Leica] Glow
From: Mike Johnston <michaeljohnston@ameritech.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 06:27:35 -0500

> p.s. I just remembered, some of those old Pentax lenses were made
> with RADIOACTIVE GLASS! Maybe that's where the glow came from?

The early 8-element 50/1.4 Super-Takumars were the ones with the radioactive
glass.

>I just realized this GLOW thread is inconsiderate of the Piezo
>printing crowd. What with no chance to experiment with old Focomats
>and Kodak Flourlite enlargers, exotic fiber papers,  or early issue
>enlarging lenses they must feel just left out.

Why? We're just talking about a "look." Actually, I suspect it's easier to
get the look digitally than optically, as long as you know what you're after
and how to get there. I would have no idea how to do it digitally.

- --Mike