Subject: Re: [Leica] Da glow
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 13:20:50 -0700

Martin Howard wrote:

> Diffusion enlargers for 'da glow'?  I thought that diffusion enlargers were
> a relatively recent advent and that all the old stuff was done on condenser
> enlargers?
>
> M.

I had thought that Diffusion came first and Collimation was some big new thing
in the 50's which became the Standard. And that this time round Diffusion was
making a comeback with the aid of florescent grid sources, cold lights. But I'd
love to hear an authoritative history on enlargers and their heads not in that
order. I remember reading in Westons daybooks about his enlarger sucking
sunlight from a hole in the wall. I've LOVE a setup like THAT!
mark rabiner

Replies: Reply from "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com> (Re: [Leica] Da glow)