Subject: [Leica] finder combos, M3 limited to 1m ?
From: Frederik.Boone@harol.be
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 14:26:57 +0200

I read that a disadvantage of the M3 is that it only focuses up to 1m. It
seems that it is not known that it can be modified in most cases.
I have two M3s which are modified (by Odin in Holland) to focus up to 0,7m.
In fact it is 100% useless since I don't have any lens which focuses closer
than 1m, except from the summicron 35 with eyes. That lens focuses up to
0,65m with a normal '1m M3'. I asked for that modification to 0,7m while
these bodys had a CLA to have them ready for new lenses (of which my wife
is not informed yet).
Greetings,
Frederik