Subject: RE: [Leica] Lens signatures, old and new
From: "Dan Honemann" <danh@selectsa.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 18:59:48 -0400

Interesting.  Thanks, B.D.  It seems Tri-X and D76 are the classic
combination.  I wonder what the classic paper is that is no longer available
(and why it is no longer available).  Anyone know?

I've been using Tri-X and Sprint (liquid D76) as that is what is available
to me at the rental darkroom joint in the city, and printing on Kodak
Polycontrast III RC (F).  I can't say any of my prints look like HCB's, but
I'm happy to report they're much better than what the labs have done with
them.

Meanwhile, I'm slowly getting all the supplies necessary to start
experimenting with Xtol (and I've already run a few rolls of Delta 400
through the Leica for this developer so I can compare it with the Tri-X).

All of these chemicals brings out the mad scientist in me.

Dan