Subject: [Leica] papers
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 15:19:09 -0700

(They were talking about the Dupont Velour and others as the great papers I
think from the 50's and 40's)
That was just before my time i started printing at the age of 13 in 1965.
When the papers all turned to crap in the mid 70's I did OK with Agfa Brovira
and Broivraspeed.
Now I'm wondering if we are not in another or THE golden age of papers.
There are lot's of amazing papers out there now.
And the fact that many of the better ones are VC is truly a deserved godsend.
We deserve breaks like that.
I've been sticking to Ilford Multigrade papers mainly fiber all tones; regular
warm and cool.
And anxiously awaiting the cool to come out in fiber.
I LOVE Ilford papers I avoid temptation into experimentation believe it or not
for the reason that I really hate having a stack of prints with them cut to
slightly different sizes. I ruins the feel of my stack of prints. I find that
ridiculously disconcerting!
I get great blacks with Ilford papers and a minimum of drydown. They respond to
Selenium predictably.
But i hear Agfa, Seagull, Bergger and others are also great and don't doubt it.
mark rabiner

Message from "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] Lens signatures, old and new)