Subject: [Leica] Re: Old talk about summicrons, and maybe monday sell/trade
From: "Tord-Rikard Soderstrom" <tordrikard@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 11:03:16 CEST

It seems that i am closly to abandon this lenses, if i am shooting on low
aperture allmost allways. I would need some god persuding not to change my
lenses against one of thoes new Asphericals. Is ther any thing that should
stop my mind concerning sharpnes and resolution

>	--> I don't understand your use of the words
>	"breading" and "coffe".
>	Could these words refer to grain and tonal range ?
>	Coffe --> edge definition / acutance ???

Never mind, its my ability to put oneīs thoughts into english words, i was
reafering to the hand held shooting, if i drink coffe i get a bit shaky, and
thats not god if you want to make enlargments. Tripoid i know, but the
shooting conditions didnīt allow it. I ought to work out so i could managed
to carry the tripoid around.

>	--> Could it be your enlarger lens that would
>	need an upgrade if you're into blow-ups ?

I dosenīt seem so. I have used my Focomat 1c with a clean and wery nice
focotar. And i allso have a older versions of the focotar. When i do
comparments of three lenses down to F/8 or F/11 its hard to se any
difference betweeen the Leitz or the Nikon 50/2.8 on a Durst at the same
aperture, and whit the eqauly adjusted condesor.

>	--> Color Rendition wise, have you tried other
>	film types, with a "colder" tonal balance ?
>	Ektachrome would normally do that for me,
>	as compared to Kodachrome 64 ...

I have made my pictures mostly from the Kodachrome 64, but this
problem/taste is clearly visable evean if i use the Ektachrome 100 S. Slides
is maybe not the problem, because i am not doing any enlargments, just
sitting some meters away from the screen with my whiskey, and allways get
eqauly stund over the colors. Its when it comes down to enlarging
Black&Whites. I have used the Plus-X film a lot latley but the results seems
to be a bit soft, is it just so that the leitz lenses fromt senventys is a
bit soft and warm, and why are they soft and warm if this is true.

thanks. TRS