Subject: Re: [Leica] Re:If a rock flies in the forrest.....
From: Greg Locke <locke@straylight.ca>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2000 21:27:01 -02-30

At 15:03 22-10-00 -0700, you wrote:
>Doesn't answer the "would that rock have been
>thrown if the media weren't there?"
>
>I think this issue plays both ways.

...and how about, "Would a person hit with the rock bleed in the streets
if...."

I hate to shatter the delusion but there are no "good guys" in this one.
Its a very well orchestrated, albeit deadly, stage play by politicians on
both sides who care little about the lives of people other then the PR
value of their dead bodies in the international press.

Maybe when "some people" take their heads out of the sand and stop blaming
the press or media for the worlds problems and take responsibility for the
governments they elect who create these miseries, there might be some changes.

Until then, just remember the press is only pointing out the crime,
violence, war, famine, poverty and general misery created by our governments.

If you want to change things lean on your politicians and stop whining
about the "bad photographers" who are causing all of this.

Trust me, the murder and hatred carries on (as it has for centuries)
regardless of the press. There wasn't any cameras in Armenia.

Greg Locke                         St. John's, Newfoundland
locke@straylight.ca              http://www.straylight.ca/locke
Touched By Fire: doctors without borders in a third world crisis.
http://www.straylight.ca/touchedbyfire.htm
ISBN#0-7710-5305-3 McClelland & Stewart

Replies: Reply from Ted <tedgrant@home.com> (Re: [Leica] Re:If a rock flies in the forrest.....)