Subject: Re: [Leica] Black paint classic
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2000 12:47:24 -0400

I agree with you about over-engineering of cameras.  I love the Minolta 9
that I've had a little over a year, but I still find that I have to refer
to the owner's manual to recall how to do certain things.

On the other hand, TTL in the M6 is strictly an internal thing.  If you
don't have a flash attached to the hotshoe, you won't even know that you
have TTL!   Like the lightmeter, if you don't like it, just take the
batteries out.  Instant M4-P!

Dan C.

At 09:18 AM 21-10-00 -0700, Douglas Herr wrote:
>On Sat, 21 October 2000, Dan Cardish wrote:
>

><big SNIP>
>> Does the workingman
>> care a whit if the camera has TTL capabilities?  Is he forced to use them?
>> But they are there just in case he does need them!
>>

>Dan,
>
>I agree almost entirely with your post, but my personal experience with
extra (& unused) features is that they get in the way more often than the
"just in case" situation occurs.  For this reason the over-sized,
over-featured cameras from the major manufacturers are less productive (for
me) than a very basic camera like the M6 or SL.