Subject: [Leica] Re: Black paint classic
From: "Roger Beamon" <roger@beamon.org>
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2000 06:56:03 -0700

On 20 Oct 2000, Mike Johnston wrote, at least in part:

<snip>

> But I *would* like to see something...subversive. Unabashedly
> utilitarian. Anti-collector.

<snip>

What makes you think that the collectors wouldn't become
enthused about such offerings. Correct me if I'm wrong, but
aren't the most prized and collected Leicas those with utilitarian
origins, rather than the commemoratives? Short supply, flawed
or somewhat unique in production, possibly eschewed by the
targeted buyers; aren't these the endearing attributes for
collecting?

- --
Roger, List-Owner
The LEG (Leica Enthusiasts Mailing List)
http://www.topica.com/lists/leica