Subject: Re: [Leica] Elmar-M 50mm f/2.8
From: Austin Burbridge <Austin.Burbridge@Alumni.Brown.edu>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 20:13:03 -0700

Terry, No, no! The optical quality of the Elmar-M is *superb*; the
build quality is *superb*. It is a first-class instrument. I can't
think of any objection.

I don't like mine because it is f/2.8 -- too slow for me. I hardly
ever use it, because most of my shooting is indoors or at night.

It's not *that* much shorter than the Summicron, and not that much cheaper.

I'm saving up for the 50mm Summilux. f/1.4 suits me just fine.

A U S T I N .

Email: austin.burbridge@alumni.brown.edu

WWW: http://sprezzatura.net -- Every day, an original picture, a
stimulating quote, and remarkable links