Subject: [Leica] Re: What the heck is this Leica camera?!?
From: "Roger Beamon" <roger@beamon.org>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 18:08:40 -0700

On 19 Oct 2000, Photovilla@aol.com wrote, at least in part:

> I can't agree with you on this one.
>
> To me, the M6J is just about the most desirable M6 for shooters.
> It has the .9 finder with "full lines" (not brackety types.)

<snip>

Right on, Rich! To hold one for a while is to want one.

At the LHSA meeting several years ago in Tucson, I was
standing in line for a chance to fondle the newly announced, but
not yet available R8. The subject of the M6J came up between
the fellow behind me in line and myself. The chap in front of me
overheard our conversation, turned around and said, "would
you like to handle one"?

With that, he took one from his neck and handed it to me. I was
just into Leica at the time, but my first glance through that VF
and the general heft and feel of the camera really got to me. I
offered the guy my M6, my wife, mother and dog. He'd have
none of it and admonished me to return home to my family.

Regardless of its allure, I just can't bring myself to part with the
7K plus that they fetch, so I remain at the altar, unfufilled, but
still happily married.

- --
Roger, List-Owner
The LEG (Leica Enthusiasts Mailing List)
http://www.topica.com/lists/leica