Subject: [Leica] What the heck is this Leica camera?!?
From: Photovilla@aol.com
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 18:37:01 EDT

<<

It's the M6J.  Overpriced collectors item.  A sort of retro-M6 made to look

like an M3, but of course, Leica didn't do it properly, so they stuck the

modern rewind knob on the camera.

M.>>

I can't agree with you on this one.

To me, the M6J is just about the most desirable M6 for shooters. It has the
.9 finder with "full lines" (not brackety types.)

I also like the M3 top plate on it with the good rewind knob. In some ways it
is the best of several worlds as much as it _sounds_ like a frankenstein
camera when you describe it to someone.

I think the price is just about the only flaw. If they had made 4000 instead
of 1640 of them, I think you'd see them a lot cheaper in a lot more Leica
users hands...

cheers,
rich

Replies: Reply from Lucien <director@ubi.edu> (Re: [Leica] What the heck is this Leica camera?!?)