Subject: Re: [Leica] Thin extension rings?
From: Martin Howard <howard.390@osu.edu>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 18:34:21 -0400

John Collier jotted down the following:

> The proper close focus adapter ring for the 280/4.8 is the 16469 (M mount,
> male and female) which is 10mm thick. The focus ranges are:
>
> no ring - infinity to 3.5m
> one ring - 3.5m to 2.76m
> two rings - 2.76m to 2.33m
> three rings 2.33m to 2.06m
>
> The info is from the 1978 general catalogue.

Thanks.  Still pretty restrictive.  I was hoping for something that would
provide, say, 20m to 1.5m, or something like that.  Guess short of machining
a new focussing mount... ;)

M.

- --
Martin Howard                     | Hardware will break.  Software comes
Visiting Scholar, CSEL, OSU       | broken.
email: howard.390@osu.edu         |                 -- Unknown