Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Leica wedding candids: formals
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 06:52:43 -0600

Now for the advice I give every person asking me to photograph their
wedding:

1) Hire a pro for formals! They do it every weekend and they watch the
details carefully. They make sure that everyone's hair is tidy, the clothes
just so, that the ring bearer is not crossing their eyes and all those
details that are easy to miss if you are not doing portraits regularly. I
hate formals. You hate formals. Let someone else do it! This way I can relax
and enjoy the wedding too

2) Have the bride and groom do their formals a week before the wedding!!
This is the best thing they can do. No pressure, no time constraints and NO
RELATIVES. The bride and groom usually think this is a little odd at first
but everyone who has taken my advice has thanked me profusely afterwards.
The photographer, bride and groom are much more relaxed because on the
wedding day, they know the most important shots are already done and
proofed.

And to all you wedding photographers out there, a thankless and difficult
job.....Bless you! Bless you all.

John Collier

Replies: Reply from Jesse Hellman <hellman@home.com> ([Leica] William Fox Talbot)