Subject: [Leica] LHSA camera dates and Leica New USA rebates again!
From: Photovilla@aol.com
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 14:38:55 EDT

I'm one of the people who ordered an LHSA black paint M6 last spring and

had to wait until the second batch was made this fall.  Last I heard it

would be November.  Well, November is two weeks away and I wondered if

there was any news from the LHSA folks about production schedules and so

forth.  Anybody know what's happening?

I have been told they will be distributed in late November. First to those
who ordered long ago, then later to all the dealers...probably 1st week of
December.

Of course Leica dates are always "soft."

In other Leica news today, the REBATES are back. There are $150 rebates on M
and R cameras making them even cheaper than during the last rebate since they
lowered some fo the prices by $50-$100 when they ended the rebates!

This is a BIG surprise to me as my rep. had said they probably wouldn't do
another rebate until after the holiday season. I guess Leica is getting smart
about lowering their price point and in that way expanding their sales. Nice
timing as well as the holiday season approaches.

Hey folks, it seems to me in the last year Leica has been listening to its
dealers and customers more than ever before!

My two copecks-
Rich