Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: dry & wet darkroom :-()-:
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 08:53:23 -0400

At 12:01 AM 10/18/00 -0400, you wrote:
>  Does the Piezo process provide a greater degree of certainty
>with regards to archival properties than does something offered by Epson?
>
>Mark T

Mark -

The piezography inks are carbon-based pigment inks which are waterproof and
much longer lasting than the Epson inks which are dye-based.  They are
described by Jon Cone as archival inks.  Much more important to the
archival quality of the print is the paper that ink is on.  Coated papers
are in general not as archival as uncoated papers.  I have had no problems
with any piezography prints fading.

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com