Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: dry & wet darkroom :-()-:
From: "Mueller, Rob" <rob.mueller@eds.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 17:13:12 -0400

but collectors ( and I include myself in the fine arts area as opposed to
the commercial {I'm not trying to alienate anyone, only pointing out who my
clientele are]) can't see past the handprinted photo. there is mystique, a
sense of craftsmanship, a process that can't be duplicated by themselves
(they perceive that they can emulate an epson print because they have a
computer, although I do know how hard that is to do - at least the first
dozen times). as far as creativity is concerned, I feel there is more
creativity in the wet darkroom than on computer (I know, but I work on
computers all day long also!) and that creativity I judge to be worth more
than an epson photo. Tina, as far the cost of your computer, printer, inks,
paper, time for learning the program, etc., they may cost more than your
darkroom, but not in mine. (I like this discussion)

Rob Mueller
Studies in Black and White
www.studiesinblackandwhite.com
rob@studiesinblackandwhite.com