Subject: [Leica] common ground
From: Robert Appleby <robert.appleby@tin.it>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 08:28:07 +0200

Thanks to Mike and Jay for finding the reference to Common Ground. Contrary
to what Mike says, I sw it as a powerful evocation of childhood, rather in
line with Huck Finn and The Catcher in the Rye - although why, since that
wasn't the photog's stated intent, is a mystery. But it struck a chord with
me, perhaps because I spent my childhood running around a huge garden.
It was one of my favourite books at the time and I've always wanted to have
another copy of it. I left my entire collection of around 100 photo books
with a friend when I first went to Morocoo and never saw them again. The
friend moved and we lost touch, I had other things to do, after a while I
lost interest in photography. But that book was the one I missed most.
"I never saw that book again."
Rob.