Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Pet Peave (OT)
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 22:08:11 +0200

Jim,

I fully support your sentiments. I really hate to see the English language
abused. For me, it was the third language I learned, but it has become my first
language, both at work and at home. If you really want to get worried about the
decline of the U.S. educational system, try teaching a course at a community
college in Florida and give your students some essay questions on the exams (as
opposed to multiple choice or T/F). Quite shocking.

Nathan

Jim Brick wrote:

> ps... For those with English as a second or third language, is it of course
> OK to do the best you can when posting a message or response. Those of us
> with English as a first language can immediately pick up on this fact and
> of course understand. Those of you out there with English as a first
> language should do your best to use proper English, spelling, punctuation,
> and sentence structure. It can be very difficult for "English as a second
> language" people to understand crappy English coming from folks who know
> better.

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Herrliberg (ZH), Switzerland