Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica Users digest V18 #98
From: Douglas Cooper <visigoth@cloud9.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 15:55:02 -0400

>According to a recent test report by MacUser, the following two
units offered quite decent quality when scanning slides/negatives, and
were still reasonably priced:

- - - Canon CanoScan FB1210U
- - - Microtek ScanMaker X12 USL Pro

Thanks!  I seriously considered these two as well; again the HP 5370 seems to be in essentially the same league.  The FB1210U is not yet available in the US -- or I couldn't find it, anyway.  You can get it in Canada and Australia.

cheers,

DC