Subject: Re: [Leica] modest proposal awards speech + mugshot + voigtlander 25mm comments
From: Guy Bennett <guybnt@idt.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 12:13:46 +0100

However, I have two gripes which I think will ultimately lead
>me to trade up to the 24 asph (when/if I sell my next screenplay).
>[snip]
>First, the scale focusing just ain't accurate enough for me.
>[snip]
>Second, and maybe this is just me, the viewfinder isn't accurate.
>
>Johnny Deadman

i have the same gripes about the lens/vf. i *do* want to focus, even if the
extensive dof will usually (though it won't always) cover my ass. at f/4
i'm not always able to get the subject in sharp focus.

re: the finder, i would prefer one with brightlines, but considering the
price (free, with the lens), i'll live with it.

for the record, i also have the elmarit m 24 (why both? - i use the skopar
on a iiif, the elmarit on an m, and am obviously willing to blow all my
money on this stuff), and, as much as i like the cosina lens - and for $340
usd, it is a fine lens - the leica 24 is a substantially better performer,
imho.

guy