Subject: Re: [Leica] 400 and 560/6.8 Grip
From: Rick Dykstra <rdandcb@cybermac.com.au>
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2000 12:27:07 +1000

Tina Manley wrote:

> Hi, Rick -
>
> Where could I order a Leica General Catalogue?  Does it have things like
> PLOOM and NOOKY listed?

Hi Tina

While I am somewhat familiar with the subject, the catalogue I have doesn't
give many hints on how to get some NOOKY!  ???

It tends to list only currently available items, although some go way back.

I got mine by sending in a registration card that came with a new camera.
It's a really useful book, in the form of a two ring binder with hole
punched pages.

It has chapters on r bodies, r lenses, r near focussing, m bodies, m lenses,
compacts, projectors/projecting, binos/scopes, tech info (such as batteries,
bulbs, flash syncs, winder compatibility, lens to body limitations, lamps,
and a quite detailed family tree of all leica bodies, through to M7 and R9).

I gather it's the kind of thing dealers should have, with regular updated
pages being issued.

I think I've seen them offered for sale by some of the dealers who advertise
on list. ?  Should be available from Leica Importers I'd imagine, if not
through retailers.  It is the kind of thing that should be put in the hands
of users.

I read mine at bedtime.  Makes for sweet dreams.   :)

Regards

Rick