Subject: [Leica] Incomplete Digests
From: Peter Klein <pklein@2alpha.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2000 11:15:50 -0700

Periodically, the digest software appears to be getting indigestion.

Ever since I switched to the digest, I have occasionally received a digest
that gets cut off somewhere before the actual end.  I don't believe it is
my email software, because I get the same result at home and at work, where
I use Eudora 5.0 and Netscape Messenger, respectively.

Today, for example, Leica Users digest V18 #94  ends with this message:

>From: "Isaac Crawford" <isaacc7@home.net>
>Subject: Re: [Leica] Enlarging lenses on screwmount cameras...

So I missed everything that came after, including all the excitement about
plate tectonics and real estate agents.  Fortunately, I can always look
such stuff up in the archives, but it's annoying.  This problem doesn't
happen with other digests I subscribe to, so I don't think it's my
ISP.  No, my mail program is not configured to ignore messages over a
certain size.

Is this happening to everyone, or is it just me?

- --Peter Klein
Seattle, WA