Subject: Re: [Leica] FOM wimps
From: Walter S Delesandri <walt@jove.acs.unt.edu>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 08:06:55 -0500 (Central Daylight Time)

AMEN, AMEN, AMEN...
In elementary school most of us learned that "man" or "mankind" referred to
both genders, and of course all races and creeds.  I for one have grown weary
of 'newspeak'.......and yes, I'm nearly alone in the ranks of my peers (journalists
and artists)....so be it....
Written with respect for ALL of 'man', including and especially our female
luggers, few that they may be....(again, not ANYONE'S fault...WHERE are they--
or is it true that this is predominately a 'man's club'?--not that there would
be a 'problem' with that, I just don't understand it....my wife has used Leica
for nearly 20 years....and I can think of only a handful of others....perhaps
the "gearhead" factor?...."boy" toys?....I just don't know...but I'm not looking
for politics to change this.....perhaps Leica evangelism....but not politics..:) :)

Walt