Subject: [Leica] Dunkelkammers Aweigh!
From: Mike Johnston <michaeljohnston@ameritech.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 19:11:37 -0500

>At least it might prompt him to post a few updates - let's hope a
>little more exciting than the 2x4 stud, but hey, it's a start! Of course, I
>am assuming Mike will be printing Leica negatives, keeping this on topic.

Gary,
All collective wisdom gratefully accepted, but I have pretty simple tastes
in darkrooms and I'm getting to be an old dog, so I more or less know what I
like. Basically, I can set up a darkroom darn near anywhere, and do good
work under darn near any conditions. But this darkroom is going to distill
20 years of working in, and taking care of, and writing about, other
darkrooms. It will be simple, but very practical, and probably quite
elegant.

The darkroom equivalent of an M6. <s>

You are invited to come visit it when I'm done--and by that time the
"gallery" should be set up in my living room too. Not a collection, but a
bunch of stuff left over after years of working in this field.

> Congratulations!  When will we see the photos (8X10 Zone system negs)?

Ken,
Nope. I do 35mm only, Tri-X only, in D-76 1+1, and full-frame prints out to
the blackline on 8x10 and 11x14 paper. Leica M and Pentax SLR. That's
basically all I do.

I'm not into techniques. I'm into CRAFTSMANSHIP.

And thanks for the congrats!

- --Mike