Subject: [Leica] Sekonic L-508
From: Douglas Cooper <douglas@metaversalstudios.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 17:28:20 -0400

At 12:31 PM 10/10/00 -0700, you wrote:
>I have found the L508 to be very accurate in spot meter mode.  As for other
>features, it has all the features you could want to use such as multiple
>metering measurements stored in memory and then easily producing an average,
>the ability to provide EV readings instead of fstop and shutter speed, the
>zoom spot meter which is useful for very precise measurement (and it is
>accurate), the ability to store two ISO speeds and easily see what effect a
>different film speed would have on either fstop or shutter speed.

Yes, you're right:  I'd forgotten about those other features, and they can
be handy.  *But* I insist that the spot meter is a bit of a dog.  Unless
you never meter in Zones 2 and 3.  It simply has no low-light
sensitivity.  Sekonic admits this:  the EV specs are abysmal.

And for something that's really just a glorified incident meter, I think
it's way overpriced, and heavy.

DC