Subject: [Leica] Re: Re: Steady as she goes there, lad [y]
From: "Roger Beamon" <roger@beamon.org>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2000 09:20:32 -0700

On 8 Oct 2000, Mark Rutledge wrote, at least in part:

> GEEEEZ! Do you work for Hasselblad? You'd think someone insulted
> your kid or something!
>
> I don't think the original poster was trashing Hasselblad, he was
> pointing out the problems shooting handheld out of a Helicopter.
> He was "using" a Hasselblad, so he must think it has value. Out of
> those "tens of thousands" of negatives how many were hand held out
> of a helicopter?

Exactly! I have a friend, back east, that was employed as one of
several photographers by Bethlehem Steel. He spent countless
hours every week, during the 60s and 70s, shooting 'Blads from
a helicopter. The gyro was the ONLY way that consistant
sharpness could be achieved. Without it, it was a toss up
whether sharpness would be acceptable for large prints
presented to Directors. Even the annual report was much nicer
with the gyro assisted photos. Much different vibration issues
than fixed wing aircraft.

- --
Roger, List-Owner
The LEG (Leica Enthusiasts Mailing List)
http://www.topica.com/lists/leica