Subject: Re: [Leica] This tripod nonsense again
From: FIGLIO4CAP@aol.com
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2000 08:32:23 EDT

In a message dated 10/8/2000 11:26:21 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
michaeljohnston@ameritech.net writes:

<< Speaking of dead--if handholding is for dead photographers, tripods are to
 ensure you get dead pictures. I can't think of any better way to "capture"
 the indecisive moment. >>

Why do so many on this list insist on polarizing positions? Although I am not
responsible for the "dead" contribution, I have pointed out that high
resolution lenses and films can only be fully exploited when the camera is
tripod mounted. Of course, hand holding is the realm of the small camera
(even the bigger ones, too, now and then). It seems,though, that lens
qualities other than ultimate resolution are more important for photography
usually undertaken by Leica rangefinder users.
Bob Figlio