Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Steady as she goes there, lad [y]
From: Austin Franklin <austin@darkroom.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2000 17:32:06 -0400

> pulse beat will
>
> >cause 200 microns (.008 inch) displacement for 1/10th of a
> second.  Assuming
> >a shutter speed of 1/250th of a second, this movement alone will cause a
> >loss of 22% of resolution with a system capable of reproducing
> 100 lines per

I seldom place my camera on my chest to take the picture.  There are many
techniques for bracing yourself to minimize movement.  Just because you
don't know how to do it, doesn't mean others don't.

I could understand how you wouldn't be able to use slower shutter speeds
though, well, with such silly statements, I'm sure you get whapped up the
side of the head a lot, so you probably gotta be quick!

Replies: Reply from Ted <tedgrant@home.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: Steady as she goes there, lad [y])