Subject: [Leica] Re: 180mm f/2.8 Tele-Elmarit
From: "Sal DiMarco,Jr." <sdmp007@pressroom.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Oct 2000 15:45:42 -0400

Arnold and other Luggers,

    Mr. Brick's evaluation of you lens may be incorrect.
    He was spealking of the Leicaflex lenses.
    If you have the "Visoflex" lens, I feel it is worth about $1,500.00.
First of all, only about 250 were made, all were shipped to the USA.
    Several noted Leica books say the 180mm f/2.8 Tele-Elmarit lens is so
rare, there isn't a copy in the Leica Museum. I can't comment on the rarity,
but I know the Leica Museum has one. I traded them mine for an R8 at the
last Photokina. I have been trying to sell mine since 1980 with I got the
smaller 180mm f/2/8 R-lens.
    I could not find someone to buy the lens. Apparently the collector
community has not deemed it rare and worthly of collecting, since there are
more MPs than 180TEs, there are more model 'A' with Elmax lenses that
180TEs, more 250 exposure cameras that 180TEs...
    Go figure.
Happy Snaps,
Sal DiMarco, Jr.

PS- I have and have used a Visoflex.... For the M-user who want to do an
occasional close-up or long lens shot, it is OK. But, to say it can replace
or is better than a reflex camera is about the dumbest thing I have read on
the LUG in a long while.