Subject: [Leica] A short answer to Misters Tomalty and Post
From: robert o beaudoin <bussbearm@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2000 21:27:13 -0400

Bonsoir,

  This will be a short (very much off topic) answer to Misters Tomalty
and Post.

  For Mr. Tomalty, my name is Robert, not buddy.

  Since you do not seem to know, both referendums were aimed at making
Quebec an independent country.  That is clearly stated in the PQ s
program.  Have you read it?  Why do you think are the independantistes
stirring the pot?  Could they possibly have some good reasons?  Or are
they necessarely always wrong?  As for general movement of capital...I
just plain have no time to go into that.  Finally for the topic of
problems in providing french services having been adressed...try to get
medical services in french in Toronto, London (Ontario!), Powell River,
etc, etc.

  My point regarding the separatism issue is very simply as follow: if
one individual is advocating Quebec s independance (as clearly states a
party s program!), he should be called an independantiste.  Simple. Those
saying he is a separatist have the burden of giving a complete and clear
explanation of what they mean by that word. Simple.

  For Mr Post, no need to apologize.  It is rather I who offer my
apologies to you.  It is possible that I did not use the proper
formulation in my post.  I am in no way offended by your comment.  My aim
was simply to make sure the proper words were used and challenge some
myths commonly perpetuated by the medias and federalist individuals.

  In closing, I should add that the rumour is true.  Independantistes do
plan to conquer north america as a whole and have everyone speak french
and poutine and become a female pop singer.

  Regards,

  Robert (Un chevalier sans blason)

  Will gladly continue this exchange off the LUG only from now on.

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> ([Leica] Politics)