Subject: Re: [Leica] Corbis and Bill Gates question.
From: "Alan Hull" <hull@telia.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2000 12:21:22 +0200

LUGgers
Thanks for the replies.

Getty and Gates.

Its like Texaco and Shell in a cut-throat competion to buy up the
companies that market lighter fluid.

I was hoping that someone would tell me that Bill Gates considered that
photographs, past, present and future would one day be more valuable
than oil shares.  Then I could justify to my wife the purchase of a
fancy new modern lens for my old M2.  Yesterday, she stooped to a
really low level when she called my boat the Three Ton Camera Bag.
Unbelievable but true.

Thanks again.
Alan (doomed to life of bewilderment)