Subject: Re: [Leica] Konica HEXAR RF Limited + 50mm/f1.2 M-HEXANON
From: Dante Stella <dante@umich.edu>
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2000 10:36:49 -0400 (EDT)

They should release the 50/1.2 in a more pedestrian finish.  The thing is
that they're under no pressure with this line because the whole Hexar RF
line is kind of a hobby for them.

I for one would like a 50/1.2.  But what I would like more is a 50/1.5
based on the CZ Sonnar, since it would be a tiny lens, with high
transmission (only 6 air-glass surfaces) that could be put into the
existing 50/2 Hexanon barrel (40.5 thread size).  When I tested the 50/1.5
Canon (same design) against the 50/1.2 Canon LTM, they both read exactly
the same through the TTL meter.  After all, there's only 1/3 stop nominal
difference.  But the rest is about more cemented surfaces.

Dante Stella