Subject: Re: [Leica] Corbis and Bill Gates question.
From: Greg Locke <locke@straylight.ca>
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2000 17:58:12 -02-30

At 19:01 05-10-00 +0200, you wrote:

>Luggers
>I am very puzzled about why Bill Gates is buying up all the
>Photographic Stock Agencies.  Another one fell last week to Corbis, and
>for the life of me I cannot understand why a multi-billionare is
>bothering with such small companies.
>Anybody know the answer?

Greed, avarice and power always seemed to be perfectly reasonable answers
to me. :^)

...spoken as a partner in an agency that HASN'T been bought out ...yet.

Greg Locke
St. John's, Newfoundland
locke@picturedesk.org

PICTUREDESK INTERNATIONAL     ...news pictures ONLINE
1-800-340-4970 / http://www.picturedesk.org

Replies: Reply from "Joe Codispoti" <joecodi@thegrid.net> ([Leica] Difference between Bill Gates and God?)