Subject: [Leica] Prodovit 150 slide Projector
From: Denice Martone <denice.martone@nyu.edu>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2000 15:25:50 -0400

Hi all,
A couple of questions about the Prodovit 150 I just bought.
1.  Sometimes I want to put the thing in reverse -- that is, back up
about five slides and start again.  I've found this to be tricky:  I
have to very slowly and deliberately press the bottom side of the
green button, and wait at least 25 seconds in between slides for it
to go in reverse.  And even then, it might only back up to three
slides and then go forward.  Anyone else experience this?
2.  Lots of dust (no kidding) flies around and seems to rest inside
the machine, on the lens closest to the bulb and slides. Has anyone
tried spraying air there?  (actually I've never used an air can) I've
been tempted to poke my camel-hair photo-brush  down there but am
thinking twice - instead I brush off the slides.
3.  I like the autofocus feature (that is, when it finally decides
it's finished playing and stops focusing) but occasionally I've
noticed that while viewing a slide for nearly a minute, the slide
buckles -- that is, it moves (and then, guess what! the auto focus
gizmo goes of on its mission to fine-focus ,and there's more
movement!).  I'm sure that has to do with the heat near the slide,
but it seems like it shouldn't get that hot.  Anything like this
happen to anyone? (No fair asking, "why do you need so long to look
at a slide?")
3.  Looking forward to what fun you all make of these queries.  My
hunch is that the machine is fine and I'm being too picky (we can
thank Leica for that.)