Subject: Re: [Leica] a rose is a rose is a rose (more color v bw)
From: "Tim Spragens" <info@borderless-photos.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2000 21:51:10 +0200

On 4 Oct 00, at 14:56, Johnny Deadman wrote:

> Your wish is my command.
>
>     http://www.zing.com/album/?id=4293537785&p=4283817112
>
> Good idea.

Worth a try, anyway. My expectations were that it would bring out
the texture of the wall, but it blew out the rose and lost the roofing
of leaves. I don't know why, exactly - both the rose and upper
leaves render well in the B/W.

Did you use channel mixing to get the B/W from the original color?

Maybe we ought to take this over to DS...

Tim