Subject: [Leica] Re: Oly Stylus Epic
From: Bill Lawlor <wvl@marinternet.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2000 09:46:07 -0700

The Stylus Epic (non-zoom).  Shockingly good lens for the price,

My daughter just returned from some volunteer work in Uganda. She
took a Stylus Epic along based on my recommendation. I had heard they
were good, but, I was not ready for such contrast and sharpness from
an inexpensive p&s. One shot, strongly backlit in an AIDS clinic, is
perfectly exposed and focused. It had to have been taken close to
wide open. I'm going to borrow her camera for some testing with b&w.
I wonder how Leica (OT!) branded p&s models compare?

Bill Lawlor

Replies: Reply from Austin Burbridge <Austin.Burbridge@Alumni.Brown.edu> ([Leica] Re: Oly Stylus Epic)
Reply from George Huczek <ghuczek@sk.sympatico.ca> ([Leica] Re: Oly Stylus Epic)