Subject: Re: [Leica]Second camera: cheap, good
From: Alan Magayne-Roshak <amr3@csd.uwm.edu>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2000 09:50:30 -0500

- ------------------------------

> Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2000

> 2000-10-02-11:22:42 Steve LeHuray:
> Also consider an Olympus Stylus P&S with 35mm/2.8 fixed lens. I have been
> carrying mine around with Delta 400 doing street photography and the blowups
> to 8x10 are very sharp. Camera is cheap, about $90 at B&H.

As a second camera, I love my Olympus XA.  There is no time delay in taking
a picture, and you can shoot slide film too, because of manual ISO
settings.  With Kodachrome 64, I set it to 80 and get perfect exposures.
In B&W, I can push to 800, and using the flash setting (without flash)
gives a manual exposure of 1/60 at f/4, just right for many interior
situations where you don't want too slow a shutter.

Alan Magayne-Roshak