Subject: Re: Is EBL a construct? Was: Re: [Leica] M6 TTL .58 accurate with a Noctilux?
From: Dante Stella <dante@umich.edu>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2000 17:59:17 -0400 (EDT)

Why don't you read what the message said - that it was a question about
the analytical model being used, with a short statement of why I had that
particular question.  Need every sentence end with a question mark?  Is a
modal verb like "seem" too subtle?

I have not yet seen a treatment that addresses how 150% magnification can
overcome a short base.  Maybe you could point one out.  When you see the
"can my 0.58 focus a Noctilux" thread, and the only references are to
Erwins materials, which neither address this point nor talk about the
assumptions underlying EBL, it becomes clear that these "extensive
studies" and "proper analytical techniques" are not accessible.

If you look at the questions on LUG, 75% can be answered by common sense.
So why is a question which requires a touch more thought than the filter
size of a Summicron provoke an attack?

Dante Stella

Replies: Reply from Dennis Painter <dpainter@bigfoot.com> (Re: Is EBL a construct? Was: Re: [Leica] M6 TTL .58 accurate with a Noctilux?)